Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
(borrowed from Natasha's Kitchen: http://natashaskitchen.com/2015/06/01/cucumber-tomato-avocado-salad/)
|It tastes better than it looks! :)|
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- ¼ cup (1/2 bunch) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Place chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with 1 tsp sea salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper.
Notes*Note: if you aren't keen on cilantro, fresh dill is a good substitute
- 2 medium sized cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A dash of ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- Wash the cucumber and pat dry.
- Thinly slice the cucumber crosswise. I prefer to use a vegetable peeler for this step so that I can get the thinnest slice possible. You may also use a knife if you prefer thicker slices. I did not peel the skin off but you may do so if preferred.
- Combine salt, ground black pepper, sugar, and vinegar then mix well. (You may also include the cucumber right away then mix everything together as shown in the photo)
- Put-in the sliced cucumber and onion. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy.